Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Homework

Then I worked some more the next week, working on loosening up more and more and just getting used to playing as the process and quelling those naughty, bad inner voices....
Then in the same morning at class I was given another exercise where I  had to paint a picture as a child would - not worrying about the outcome or what other people thought and include a number of things...and do it really quickly.......oh such a hard thing to just let go and enjoy the process and not worry what other people though and especially not listen to those wicked internal voices that said 'oh cack' etc etc ETC ETC ETC, to everything I did on the paper.
Added rough maggies at home, then in class had to change things, paint over things, move things etc (also something I have struggled with  as I tend to get too precious with things in my painting being too scared  to make any changes incase I muck things up more).


I wanted to put 2 big magpies in the foreground so mucked around in my journal trying to get out of my head what a magpie looked like.  I must say...I did watch more closely the magenpies (Gerald Durrell called them that when he was a child in 'My Family and other Animals' and the name has kind of stuck in our household!) on the side of roads etc when I was driving into town etc.




This was the homework I worked on after my yummy art class (a couple of weeks ago now cos I am so slow still with this blogging) where I had to paint a landscape with 4 mountains, 3 birds, 4 trees, 3 clouds etc, etc,etc.  Another requirement being that I wasn't to reference anything...it had to be completely out of my head! EEEEEEK- definitely something I really struggle with in my art!




No comments: